Apply to Sixth Form
Thank you for your interest in the Sixth Form at Kingston Grammar School.There are up to 50 places available for 16+ entry in September 2021.
Conditional offers for Sixth Form entry are made based on predicted GCSE grades (or international equivalent), current school reports and a series of subject-based assessments in their chosen A Level subjects . Offers are confirmed once GCSE results have been published.
In order to cope with the demands of an academically rigorous Sixth Form programme, students must have a sound base across all their GCSE or IGCSE subjects, and excel in those they wish to study at A Level or Pre-U.
As a minimum, students must achieve at least grade 7 (equivalent to A grade) in four separate subjects. In addition, all students must achieve a minimum grade 6 (equivalent to a high B grade) in Mathematics and English GCSE or IGCSE. Please also note that a minimum of grade 7 is required in those subjects, or closely related subjects, that students wish to study for A Level or Pre-U with the exception of Mathematics where students will require a minimum grade 8 at GCSE and Further Mathematics where students will require a minimum grade 9 at GCSE.
16+ Registration Deadline (November Exams) 21st Oct 2020
16+ Assessments w/c 2nd Nov 2020
16+ Registration Deadline (March Exams) 12th Feb 2021
16+ Assessments w/c 1st Mar 2021
Please note that these dates are subject to change depending on the COVID-19 situation
Found out more from our students here:
Watch more here:
We are constantly striving to provide a smooth and professional admissions experience and are delighted to announce the launch of our new admissions portal. Within your own tailored account you will be able to track your child’s application, manage your family contact details, complete additional forms such as scholarship or fee assistance applications and browse messages from the Admissions Team.
Things to remember before you apply:
- The personal contact information input will be visible to both applying parents (where relevant) on the family information page of your account once set up
- Make sure you have a head and shoulder photo of your child (in JPEG/PNG) format ready to upload
- If your child requires a visa to be in the UK please have a copy ready to upload
- Our non-refundable registration fee for all applications is £135 and must be paid via PayPal at the point of registration
- If you would like to apply for TWINS please complete the registration form for one child. Log into the account you have created, from your DASHBOARD click ‘Add New Applicant’ and you will then be able to complete the relevant registration/enquiry form for the sibling and you will be linked as a family.
- Once you have submitted the online form you will immediately receive an email; if this does not arrive please check your junk email folder.
- If you have a child already at Kingston Grammar School please be aware that this portal links directly to information we store for you and your family. If any changes are made within the admissions portal to your personal details the School’s records will automatically be updated.
- Please note that the registration form will only allow you to select the year group and academic year that fits your child's date of birth. If your child is currently in a year that does not fit their date of birth please contact the admissions team before completing the application form.
The Admissions Team are here to help and if you have any questions regarding the application process please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com