Kingston Grammar School is one of the most successful co-educational schools in the country, and has a long tradition of developing individual talent and encouraging high aspirations. Our pupils are bright and enthusiastic; their joy in life and spirit of curiosity makes education here a real pleasure.
Inspirational teaching and a deep commitment to pastoral care means that pupils grow in confidence and understanding, and individual talents and creativity are able to flourish. International GCSEs, the introduction of Mandarin into our curriculum and Extended Projects interweave with more traditional examinations to produce an exciting and vibrant academic diet, designed to challenge expectations and to engage pupils in a love of learning.
We make sure that our pupils are drawn into investigation and enquiry beyond the confines of the various examination specifications. They develop their skills and thinking in ways which give them the fullest advantage at university, and the resilience and flexibility to make the most of the opportunities that come their way.
- Our teaching and support staff receive a range of benefits whilst employed by Kingston Grammar School
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme for teaching staff and either a basic or optional enhanced pension scheme for support staff
- Life assurance for all staff
- Personal accident insurance (including dental)
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling
- Charity payroll giving (optional)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Discounted school fees for children of staff
- Free lunch
- Library facilities open to all
- Use of school sports facilities
- Training and development support including financial support for postgraduate study